Skip to main content

PETALING JAYA: Witnesses to the fire that destroyed 20 stalls and a gym at the Uptown Kota Damansara marketplace here last night claimed they had seen sparks near the electrical distribution fuse box in the area.

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department director Wan Md Razali Wan Ismail said faulty wiring is believed to be one of the factors contributing to the fire.

“However, further investigation is still being carried out by forensic officers to determine the actual cause of the incident,” he said today.

The fire resulted in numerous traders suffering losses as 20 lots of stalls and the gym were destroyed.

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department Zone 1 (Shah Alam) chief Ahmad Zaidi Safuan said total losses due to the fire were still under investigation.

“We are still trying to contact the stall owners involved; however, it is understood that business activities in that area were conducted without the authorisation of the authorities and landowners,” he said when met at the scene of the incident today.

Leave a Reply